Forward Theater Company, an Equity theater in Madison, Wisconsin, is excited to announce its fourth monologue festival, to be held in September 2016 at Overture Center for the Arts. They invite you to create characters telling their work stories: the exhilarating, the necessary, and the outlandishly absurd.
GUIDELINES FOR PLAY SUBMISSION
- Monologues should be inspired by the theme: Someone’s Gotta Do It.
- Monologues must be between two and ten minutes in length. Therefore, scripts should be a maximum of eight pages long, double-spaced, using a standard format (twelve point font), and be written for a single actor to perform. (All lengths of up to ten minutes will be considered).
- No musical submissions, adaptations, or children’s plays.
- Monologues should require very simple production values: set-pieces, props, or effects needing set-up, strike, or special technical support may disadvantage an otherwise excellent submission.
- Each playwright may submit up to two scripts with no fee. For each additional script, there is a $5 reading fee, payable by check to Forward Theater Company. Checks may be sent to Forward Theater Company, PO Box 14574, Madison, WI 53708.
- We are soliciting new work for premiere productions. If the piece has previously received a fully-realized production, do NOT submit.
- Each script must include a title page with name, address, phone number and e-mail address. Please do NOT list your name anywhere on the monologue itself.
- Submit scripts via e-mail ONLY to email@example.com. Please use the subject line “Monologue festival submission.”
- E-Submissions will be accepted until midnight on January 15th, 2016.
- Entries will be acknowledged by e-mail once they have been received. Due to the volume of scripts submitted, we are unable to offer feedback.
- Winning scripts will be announced on our web site, on or before July 1st, 2016. Winning playwrights will be notified via email or phone on or before this date.
- Writers will be credited in marketing and playbill materials; no royalties will be paid for the September 2016 performances. Playwrights are entitled to two complimentary tickets to the opening performance.
- If you have questions, please visit http://forwardtheater.com/learn-more/submissions, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.